Theengs app is a multi platforms, multi devices application and BLE to MQTT gateway that leverages the Theengs Decoder library (opens new window). It retrieves data from a wide range of BLE sensors from Xiaomi, Inkbird, Govee, ClearGrass, Qingping, Ruuvi, Switchbot, Thermopro; LYWSD03MMC, CGD1, CGP1W, CGDN1, CGG1, H5055, H5072, H5075, H5102, TH1, TH2, BBQ, CGH1, CGDK2, CGPR1, RuuviTag, WS02, WS08, TPMS, MiScale, LYWSD02, LYWSDCGQ, MiFlora... and enables to read the advertised real time data from these sensors.
It also translates this information into a readable JSON format and pushes those to an MQTT broker if you need. The Home Assistant MQTT convention is followed so that you can see your add your sensors in a few steps into your favorite controller.
The app uses the bluetooth component of your Phone/Tablet to read the sensor data.
Theengs app can be used as a standalone solution or as a complementary solution to OpenMQTTGateway (opens new window) and/or Theengs gateway (opens new window) if you want a continuously running gateway.
The app will retrieve data from BLE sensors from Govee, Xiaomi, Inkbird, QingPing, ThermoBeacon, ClearGrass, Blue Maestro and many more.
For more information view the documentation (opens new window)
Theengs app read data "broadcasted" by the devices and does not connect to them, only the Mi Flora and ThermoBeacon historical data are retrieved through a connection. For the rest of the devices the data is read real time when the device emit it.
Features comparison between OS:
|OS||Real time data||MQTT integration||Running in background||Home Assistant Auto Discovery|
# Third party projects used by Theengs app
- Qt (opens new window) (LGPL 3 (opens new window))
- QtMqtt (opens new window) (GPL 3 (opens new window))
- Arduino Json (opens new window) (MIT (opens new window))
- Decoder (opens new window) (GPL 3 (opens new window))
- StatusBar (opens new window) (MIT (opens new window))
- ekkesSHAREexample (opens new window) (license (opens new window))
- SingleApplication (opens new window) (MIT (opens new window))
- RC4 code from Christophe Devine (GPL 2 (opens new window))
- Graphical resources: assets/COPYING
App Store and Apple logo are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.
Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC.
All product and company names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them.